articles archive

world music festival 2008

Since I was so busy these few days... so, I didn't have much time for blogging. Not even time for buying my broken belt. Gees!

Ok, lets go back to the topic. I went to the World Music Festival 2008. The venue was at the Botanic Garden, Penang for 3 days which was on May 2, 3 & 4. Ticket price was RM50 for adult and RM20 for children. Its classy... so the price was reasonable.

The banner

The 1st day was on Friday. I was worry that we would be stuck in the traffic jam. Penangite knows that its always a bad traffic on Friday since people are going back to their hometown, yeah... we have 2 days off for Saturday and Sunday. Everybody driving their car and end up traffic jam on the bridge and jetty. Even though I don't nag, mumble or whine... still I don't have a smile on my face every Friday. Thanks God that I've changed my working schedule to 7.30am - 4.30pm. Which most people going back at 5pm! Lucky me... Ok enough crap. Mom, my 2 sisters and a sister friend want to join the music festival. Sisters went to facial salon and hair salon, end up I couldn't go back early like usual. I fetch them around 5pm. Again, thanks to God... it wasn't that bad for the traffic. Reached home, we rushed to shower and got ourselves ready as soon as possible. We need to run from the bad traffic again which people from the factories were going back to town... its weird right... when people who lives in southern work in northern and it happen otherwise to people who lives in northern. Most Penangite having this problem tho... We reached there around 7pm. There were few car parks there, marked with A, B, C & D. After we parked the car, the organizer leaded us to the shuttle van. Oh it was so convenience! Managed to buy some mineral waters and we got in. Everybody were tagged by a green wrist band at the entrance after you pass the ticket to them for approval.
We walked happily till in front of the stage. We chose the left side of the field for our seats. There were no chairs... just field, ground, soil, green grass... I guess they wanted to keep it green and nature environment? We didn't mind, not at all =) The opening was awesome by Dya Singh. Made us applause loud and screaming! They have 2 stages -- they started with the left stage and they prepared the right stage for the 2nd band, and they repeated the same thing over and over. So, for those sat in the middle were lucky! The whole night was fantastic. My family had a lot of fun. We even danced, moved our body together and teased each other. Enjoyed watching others with their style of dancing too... Not to mention the bands! They were absolutely fabulous and could attract the crowd! Around 10pm we were starving. I went to pee and bought them some pizzas by Pizza Hut. It ended around 12 midnight. We used the shuttle van again to the car park. It was well organized because even tho there were so many peoples, they managed to keep us calm and not clumsy at all. Oh btw, I saw my blogger friend Riz there as well. We were suppose to meet, he left his cell phone in my email and I wrote them down on a piece of paper but misplaced. My fault... Sorry Riz... now I got your number on my cell phone, I swear =)

The green wrist band

My family

The opening -- Dya Singh

From Denmark -- my 3rd choice

From Reunion Islands -- My 4th choice. They have great instruments and songs

People were having fun...

Nigeria dance that caught our eyes


Ok, the 2nd day. I went there with another blogger friend Apom. So, this time I knew how this music festival goes, so I prepared myself with some mineral waters and pizzas. Also went to toilet before go in front of the stage. We were tagged by the orange wrist band at the entrance. This time I wanted to sit in the middle but was crowded. So, I sat on the right side which I could also see the big screen when the band was at the left stage. Man... my 1st favorite band would be Kumpulan Kinabalu Merdu Sound from Sabah, Malaysia. I love the flute, bamboo and all their instruments. Not to mention the typical Sabah dance which I think very nice. Love their musics as well...! Irish performed again for the 2nd night. Last night they replaced a band from USA because they were stuck at Taiwan airport. Irish band would be the 2nd favorite. They knew how to catch the crowd attention and made us dance and clap our hand with smile. This time they managed to make us, I mean all of us stand! Everybody danced and kept clapping our hands. I saw my long-time-didn't-meet god bro as well there. He came all the way down from KL -- Nickk. We bought Haagen Dazz ice cream too. Yummy~

The orange wrist band

The Irish... they performed twice -- 1st and 2nd day

My 1st choice... band from Sabah

Around 12 we moved. My friend wanted to go to club as we didn't go to any club for ages. I told him that I couldn't go into any club since I wore sandals. But he insisted to go, ok we went to Slippery Senoritas and there was still cover charge after 12. I was shock. I didn't know everything just change... drastically. The cover charge at SS was RM50 -- crap. Then we went to Momo and the cover charge was RM40 -- another crap. And last we asked at Carmen, it was RM30 -- still crap since they played only oldies which some of them even before I was born! It was almost 1am and it is a waste if we go in. We canceled the plan and went straight home.

I had fun... =)
Thanks God... Amin.

1 comment:

faris_kabeer said...

Faisal! A great posting indeed! =D Whoa looks like the second day was full of fun too. =D

I'm afraid I won't be in Malaysia next year when they have the fest. (Next year's fest would be held from May 1st-3rd 2009).

So, I'll be counting on you to report next year too. LOL.

Take care.

Riz

advertisement & copyright information

At present, we do not cater for any public advertisements on this blog. We will however inform from time to time through this space should it become available in the future.


Creative Commons License
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Malaysia License.

We would like to inform you to adhere to our copyright policy as stated above. We also would like to state that information, pictures, excerpts and materials on this site may have been taken from work of others. Whilst most of them are obtained lawfully, we might have overlooked and hence should you find your work put up on this blog without your prior consent, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately so that your material would be removed (with sufficient prove that the said material belongs to you). Non-original work of our bloggers, such as those material stated above are usually credited or sourced to its owner(s) most of the times, even if consent has been given. Original work of our bloggers however do not necessarily require to be credited or sourced, although it is high likely they are done so. You are subject to the blog's copyright policy in using ANY of the materials published in this blog, including work of others(individuals/organizations not affiliated with us).